The Behavioral Health Department consists of State licensed Therapists, Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Substance Abuse Counselors and administrative staff. The Behavioral Health Department is a California State Certified Substance Abuse Program.
The Behavioral Health Department offers a broad range of professional counseling services and community wellness support services:
- Counseling and clinical services to adults, couples, children and their families, youth, and groups. Services include: psychological evaluation, mental health assessment, crisis intervention, plan development, case management, psychotherapy, play therapy, and rehabilitation planning.
- Psychiatric evaluation & medication evaluation by a licensed psychiatrist.
- Comprehensive psychological testing, personality inventories, and intelligence quotient test to access behavioral or personality traits and intelligence levels by a licensed psychologist
- Outpatient substance abuse counseling to individuals and groups and case management for residential treatment placement. Some support groups and wellbriety groups are offered in the evenings.
- Domestic violence advocacy and support services are provided for victims of domestic violence and court-ordered anger management groups for perpetrators are offered to youth and adults (includes evening groups). Case management and transportation support for safe housing placement and court appearances for domestic violence victims provided as needed.
- Community wellness support services include: Talking Circles, Wellbriety groups, tutoring and youth groups, cultural arts, monthly traditional sweat lodge gathering for men & women, and seasonal wellness gatherings. Legal advocacy and support for youth and families regarding juvenile court matters. Please see SCIHP’s monthly calendar for a complete list of support groups offered or contact the department.
Behavioral Health services must be scheduled in advance by appointment. To schedule your visit, please call the appointment number at (707) 521-4550. If it becomes necessary for you to cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled time and date.
After Hours & Crisis Intervention
A Behavioral Health Therapist is available for crisis intervention when the clinic is closed. For after hour assistance, please call (707) 521-4550 to speak with our answering service, who can page the on-call Therapist.